Customers: Please note that because these coins are older, they may have blemishes and/or imperfections and are not guaranteed to be in brilliant uncirculated condition.
The year 1986 will be remembered in the history of the United States Mint as the year the American Eagle program was launched. In 1986, the US Mint introduced the American Gold Eagle and American Silver Eagle as the nations official bullion coins. In this first production year, the Silver Eagle enjoyed immense popularity that would lead to high demand the following year, as well. Right now the 1986 American Silver Eagle coin is available for purchase from My Bullion77.
- Total mintage of 6,839,783 coins in 1986!
- 1st ever American Silver Eagle coin from the United States Mint!
- Arrives in a protective flip, sealed tube of 20 coins, or Monster Box of 500 coins.
- Protect your investment with 40.6mm Direct Fit Air-Tite Capsules or 40.6mm Air-Tite Coin Tubes, which hold 20 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Features Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- Includes the heraldic eagle of the US on the reverse.
- S mint marks on the proof specimens from the San Francisco Mint.
For the first release of the American Silver Eagle coin, the United States Mint turned to the San Francisco Mint to produce both the bullion and proof versions of the coin. These original 1986 American Silver Eagle coins were struck at the San Francisco Mint, both versions, and would continue as such until 1993 when proof coins shifted to the Philadelphia Mint and the bullion coins followed in 1999.
There were a total of 5.39 million bullion coins struck in 1986. As is common with modern proof coins, the 1.44 million proof 1986 American Silver Eagle coins was the highest in program history. Theres never been a higher production number for the proof version in the coins 30-year history.
On the obverse is Adolph A. Weinmans Walking Liberty design from 1916, which is accompanied on the reverse by the heraldic eagle of the United States from then-Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti.
Please feel free to contact MyBullion88 with questions regarding this product listing. You can reach our team at +1(530) 426-8334 , chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.